This post contains affiliate links.
Summer Watermelon and Shrimp Salad combines two of my favorite summertime foods. My husband tells me all the time that I’m a ‘seafood snob’ when it comes to Gulf Coast seafood. I also love our watermelons down in our region.
What could be better than combining two of my favorite foods? Now let’s just add a few other ingredients to make it even better.
Summer Watermelon and Shrimp Salad
- 1 lb cooked medium shrimp (peel and boil until pink, I add 1/2 teaspoon of Zatarain’s Crab & Shrimp Boil Seasoning)
- 1 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 4 cups watermelon, roughly chopped
- 2 jalapeños, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 avocados, roughly chopped
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt (I use No Salt)
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro leaves, roughly chopped (you can use parsley instead if you prefer)
- In a large mixing bowl, place the watermelon, shrimp, onion, jalapeños, and the avocados.
- In a small mixing bowl, mix together the oil, honey, lime juice, salt, and pepper.
- Pour the vinaigrette mixture over the salad.
- Very gently toss the salad, being sure to coat every piece with the vinaigrette.
- Sprinkle with the cilantro (or parsley).
- Let the salad set in the refrigerator for about 10 minutes for the flavors to meld.
If you are ever in the Gulf Coast region, especially South Alabama, in the summer, try one of our watermelons. I think you will agree with us that they are some of the best around.
Put them with our shrimp and there is nothing better.
Do you have any ‘W’ recipes that you would like to share, especially watermelon recipes? If so, please add them in the comments below. Please let us know when you try one of the recipes from Moments With Myra and how you liked it. Also, let us know if you made any tweaks to it.
Please subscribe to our weekly newsletter in the sidebar while you are here. Your email address will never be sold to a third party. By subscribing, you won’t miss any of the recipes from Moments With Myra.