This post contains affiliate links.
What is the one thing that could make it even better? GARLIC!!!!!!
No vampires at our house. The only thing better than garlic is more of it.
Now, how are we going to combine these three wonderful foods into a dish that makes them all even more wonderful, if that is even possible?
Add the nectar from heaven, Extra Virgin Olive Oil. Now Ya Talking!
Zucchini and Portobello Mushrooms
- 3-4 medium zucchini
- 8 ounces baby portobello mushrooms
- 3-4 cloves of garlic (or as much as you want)
- 3 Tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- salt (I use No Salt)
- Clean the mushrooms and cut them into quarters. If you get bigger mushrooms, cut them into bite sized pieces.
- Slice the zucchini into 1/4 inch slices.
- In a large skillet heat half of the extra virgin olive oil over a medium heat.
- Add the zucchini and lightly salt.
- Saute 4-5 minutes, stirring frequently
- Add the portobello mushrooms and saute for 4-5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add the rest of the extra virgin olive oil.
- Add the garlic and stir frequently. Let the mixture cook until the zucchini is tender, about 10-15 minutes.
- Salt to taste.
- Eat immediately, this is not very good cold.
I have served this dish with just about anything you can imagine but it seems to go best with marinated and grill beef.
There aren’t a lot of ingredients in this recipe so it is easy to make. Just be patient with it, it’s worth the wait.
- Portobello Mushrooms
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Salt (I use No Salt)
This recipe is the end of our A-Z tour through the month of April. I hope you have enjoyed the trip. In case you missed any of the recipes, stay tuned. There is a recap coming.
Let us know how you like this or any of our recipes when you try them. Also, share your recipes in the comments below.
Please subscribe to my newsletter in the sidebar so you will receive a weekly wrap up of all the posts from Moments With Myra delivered right to your inbox. Your information will never be sold to a third party.